Voluntary Benefits: WinCo offers a variety of voluntary benefits for all employees, regardless of enrollment in health insurance benefits. Some are only available for enrollment as a new hire or at open enrollment while others are available for enrollment and/or cancellation at any time. More details on each voluntary benefit are listed at the bottom of this page. Please note: The following voluntary benefits are offered to provide employees access to discounted rates and payroll deduction. These benefits are not sponsored or endorsed by Winco for purposes of Federal and State law. ERISA is not applicable.
Voluntary benefits available as a new hire or during open enrollment:
- Voluntary Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) – pays out the amount of coverage you elect in the case of death. The amount is doubled if the death is accidental. This benefit also pays out for dismemberment. Note: As a new hire, the guaranteed amount of coverage allowed without evidence of insurability (medical certification) is a maximum of $300,000 or 5 times your annual salary. The guaranteed amount during open enrollment is $50,000.
- Legal Protection – provides legal assistance for covered services such as estate planning and family, financial, auto, and home services.
- Identity Theft Protection – provides identity protection services for monitoring, alerting, and restoration services.
Voluntary benefits available at any time for enrollment or cancellation:
- Voluntary AD&D – pays out the amount of coverage you elect in the case of an accidental death. This benefit also pays out for dismemberment.
- Pet Insurance – insurance for dogs, cats, avian, and exotic pets with or without wellness.
- Auto & Home Insurance – discounts on auto & home insurance.
To sign up for voluntary benefits follow these steps:
- Click here to print the voluntary application. (The application is not setup to be filled out or submitted online.)
- If you are interested in voluntary benefits through open enrollment, click here.
- Fill out the application.
- Complete the Beneficiary Form. (This is not the same as the ESOP/401K beneficiary form.) Click here for the form.
- Turn in your application. Please see below deadlines.
- To cancel voluntary AD&D, complete a new form and turn it into the Benefits Department.
- For Pet Insurance and Auto & Home, contact the provider to enroll or make changes.
|Voluntary Benefit||Enrollment/Change Window||How to Apply|
|Voluntary Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)||Within 31 days of hire date or open enrollment||Application|
|Identity Theft Protection||Within 31 days of hire date or open enrollment||Application|
|Legal Protection||Within 31 days of hire date or open enrollment||Application|
|Voluntary AD&D||Any time||Application|
|Pet Insurance||Any time||Contact Provider|
|Auto & Home||Any time||Contact Provider|
|Flexible Spending||Open enrollment only – annual enrollment required||OE application|